- THE HYDROFLUX GROUP
- Our Team
- News & Media
- Contact Us
The HiFlowTM lamella separator is suited for use in a number of industrial wastewater applications such as anodisers, glass factories, tunnel construction, groundwater treatment, galvanizing plants, general industrial manufacture, steel, precious metal and mining.
Key Advantages include:
- • Wide range of application knowledge for industrial applications
- • Low footprint technology, ideally suited to factories and production plants
- • Ideal for primary treatment prior to discharge or secondary treatment
- • High suspended solids separation efficiency
- • Can be integrated with upstream coagulation and flocculation processes
- • High thickened sludge solids reduces offsite disposal
- • Wide range of materials of construction to suit industry
A number of designs and configurations are available, these include:
- • Free standing tank with single or multiple sludge hoppers
- • Concrete tank with integrated sludge removal systems
- • Lamella upgrades to existing circular clarifiers
The HiFlowTM lamella separator is a high rate solids separation process that has 1/10th of the physical footprint as compared to conventional circular clarifiers. It is used as a primary and secondary clarifier in sewage, primary clarifier in water treatment and primary clarification of industrial wastewater.
Hydroflux Epco have extensive expertise and references for clarification/lamella technology as follows:
- • Over 330 clarifier systems manufactured since 1962
- • Highly effective plate pack surface area
- • All stainless steel lamella pack construction
- • Robust construction with proven sludge removal systems (VeeMax®, LogMax® and HeadMax®)
- • Laminar flow conditions
- • Free standing design in steel construction
- • Concrete tank designs for larger applications
A series of inclined lamella plate packs are used to increase the effective surface area of the unit and to overcome hindered settling.
The clarified liquid is collected by longitudinal weir launders. The flow within the lamella tank is laminar to ensure settle solids do not resuspend into the clarified water. Sludge is extracted from sludge hoppers at the bottom of the tank. An optional sludge rake mechanism in each hopper keeps the sludge fluid to prevent rat-holing. Various configurations of sludge removal are available.
As a pioneer in Australia, Hydroflux Epco continues to offer EPCO Australia’s complete design, build, install and refurbishment service. Our commitment to our clients does not end with the delivery of the project and we support our clients so that that their plants continue to operate at their full design capacity well into the future.